Sunday, December 18, 2011

Craft: Cinnamon Gingerbread Ornaments

While looking on pinterest, I found a great pin for making gingerbread ornaments from The Culinary Enthusiast.  Since we decided to change up our Christmas tree some this year, Jennifer and I made lots of these to decorate the tree.

The steps are very simple.  All that you need is 3/4 cups cinnamon, 3/4 cups unsweetened apple sauce, and 2 tablespoons glue.  Stop by The Culinary Enthusiast for more detailed directions.  

Here's what we did:

Mix


Roll out and cut out


Poke hole and let dry (several days)


Insert string and hang from tree
Cinnamon Gingerbread Ornaments


Since you have to wait several days, it may be a bit late to make these since Christmas is in seven days.  However, these would make nice Christmas presents as well, and if you made them soon, they would still have plenty of time to dry before Christmas.  Plus, the ornaments will make your house smell wonderful while they are drying.

Hope that you enjoyed this!  

Also, if you'd like to follow me (Elizabeth) on pinterest, you can here.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely! Maybe I'll do something like this for my Christmas Tree too, because I really love it!

    Check out my blog and my first outfit:
    www.magdalenny.blogspot.com

    If u wanna help me, please click on my ads, I'd appreciate that :))

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for comment girl ;)
    Check out my new post:
    www.magdalenny.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank u for commenting, come to see my newest post :)

    www.magdalenny.blogspot.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...